Top 50 Leaders in Higher Education
Given the particularly challenging adversity through which educators have recently persevered, they serve as essential members and leaders of the community. The National Diversity Council seeks to recognize Presidents and Chancellors who contribute to the growth of their students, organization, and community, and are active in mentoring the next generation of professionals. Educators are pivotal for the growth and development of individuals and, subsequently, the organizations for which their students work. Educators’ long term contributions have significantly and uniquely impacted the greater community over the course of their career. This leader must be an innovator, strategist, pioneer, and serve as President or Chancellor of an accredited educational institution.
- A top educator in their organization
- Directly contributes to growth and strategic direction of the organization
- Maintains a record of innovation and accomplishment in areas of expertise
- Effective role model who inspires others and is active in mentoring the next generation of professionals in the sector
- Displays high integrity and ethical behavior
- Demonstrates a commitment to corporate citizenship
The deadline for award nominations is 2 months prior to the event or publication date. *Please note that award opportunities are filled on a rolling basis beginning as early as 8 months prior to the event date, so award openings may be filled prior to the nomination deadline.