The CEO Award distinguishes an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership in their organization while championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The focus of the award is to give prominence to this person’s accomplishments as a business leader and as an agent of social, cultural, and racial justice within their company and beyond. The award is open to chief executive officers, business owners, and company presidents. Recipients of this award must be nominated and undergo a rigorous selection process. To be considered for this award, individuals must meet the criteria in the following categories.
Recipients of the CEO Award meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates professional leadership through developing, growing, and improving their organization.
- Enhances the credibility of themselves and their organization by exemplifying inclusivity, integrity, and self-awareness.
- Empowers those around them by promoting achievement, goal attainment, and continuous advancement of their organization.
- Inspires their organizational stakeholders by developing and communicating their vision for the future, and engaging others to actively participate in accomplishing that vision.
- Cultivates a positive, creative, and culturally diverse work environment and embraces innovation and creativity in all aspects of their professional activities.
The deadline for award nominations is 2 months prior to the event or publication date. *Please note that award opportunities are filled on a rolling basis beginning as early as 8 months prior to the event date, so award openings may be filled prior to the nomination deadline.