The Educator Award recognizes Black Male Educators who significantly create positive impacts for students and communities.
- Employs effective instructional practices that are replicable and scalable to influence the quality of education globally.
- Active works to build equity in education by increasing Black male teacher representation.
- Employing innovative instructional practices that address the particular challenges of the school, community, or country has shown sufficient evidence to suggest they could be effective in addressing such challenges in a new way.
- Impact in the community beyond the classroom provides unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession and others.
- Helping children become global citizens by providing them with a values-based education that equips them for a world where they will potentially live, work and socialize with people from many different nationalities, cultures, and religions.
- Improving the teaching profession through helping to raise the bar of teaching, sharing best practice, and helping colleagues overcome any challenges they face in their school.