The DEI Advocate Award honors those who are responsible for taking leadership on matters of equity, diversity, and inclusion within their institutions, corporations, divisions and universities assisting deans and/or vice presidents in meeting their DEI goals. A DEI Advocate is committed to: educating themselves and others about oppression, discrimination, privilege and other social justice issues, and combating these issues on a personal level. Diversity Advocates continue to put DiversityFIRST™ through visionary leadership and commitment to fostering change for ages to come.
- Demonstrated dedication and continuing commitment to advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion in their workplace.
- Fostered positive communication and actively promoted inter-group relations among persons of different races, ages, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious backgrounds, or physical and mental abilities.
- Participates in a variety of corporate and community events that promotes mutual respect, acceptance, cooperation or tolerance: any level of involvement in community events, projects, efforts or organizations that promote or celebrate tolerance and contribute to diversity awareness in the community and workplace.
- The ability to value and respect diverse points of view and varied ways to approach issues and topics.
- Leads others by his/her actions while advocating for change