Woman of the Year Award
The MIDC Woman of the Year Award is a prestigious honor that recognizes extraordinary women who have made a significant impact. Women who have demonstrated professional excellence and consistent leadership as a role model and mentor for other women, whose achievements contribute greatly to community and national advancement. The recipient is selected by the MIDC based on the following criteria:
- A woman who is a game changer, trailblazer with a track record of breaking down barriers and helping to create opportunities for women.
- A courageous, fearless, unapologetic woman who exemplifies professionalism and mutual respect for others.
- A woman in a position of leadership building and unifying communities that empower others to change the world.
- A woman with a positive impact and deepening awareness on advancing the theory and practice of diversity, equity, and inclusion worldwide.
- An advocate for national and global change that creates a more equitable society for all
- A woman who leads the charge promoting and empowering women as leaders, innovators, visionaries, pioneers, and entrepreneurs.
- A woman who promotes women’s equality and rights for the underrepresented.
- A woman who understands the importance of speaking and acting in the spirit of collaboration.
Nomination deadline is Febuary 19, 2021
The deadline for award nominations is 2 months prior to the event or publication date. *Please note that award opportunities are filled on a rolling basis beginning as early as 8 months prior to the event date, so award openings may be filled prior to the nomination deadline.